Setting up a scheduled import or export
The name specified in settings must be the exact file name on the server.
File exports support MS Excel workbook (.xlsx) file extension only
The file transfer supports SFTP only
Follow the syntax of the example exactly, substituting your own server settings. Consult your local IT dept if you’re unsure of any of these details.
Select the Records or Insights you’d like contained in your exported doc. Each entry will be on a separate worksheet of an Excel workbook.
For imports, only the last used manual mappings will appear. See the article on Data Import for details. Once set up, the same mapping will be used and will not update if more recent manual imports are run.
Scheduling options are weekly, daily, and hourly. The script will first run 10 minutes after creation and the timer starts then.
Multiple imports will always run in the order that you set up. Last execution status will show as successfully completed or failed. Imports run independently, and failed imports will be automatically retried every 10 minutes.
Example: Recurring Views Export
- From Creation Studio, select Integrations.
- Click Configure New App button in top right corner.
- Select Recurring Views Export from pop-up menu.
- Fill out the 5 options in the subsequent pop-up menu, including Export Name, URL, Record Type or View, Time Zone and Export Interval (weekly, daily, or hourly). Note in particular the URL to export to.
- Watch the scheduled exports come into the provided URL.