Dashboards connect the best-in-class reporting tools - your reporting tools - to Lanetix for visualizing and sharing your data. With Dashboards you can host reports from your BI tools inside of Lanetix. Just share that report with Lanetix, provide any additional security protocols, and your reports will now appear inside the application. You can limit who has access to view and share it -- the same security measures as Lanetix Insights.
Compatible with the world’s leading Business Intelligence tools - Tableau, Looker, Microsoft Power BI, Mode Analytics, Qlik, and many others.
Uses for Dashboards
- Display custom reports on data in Lanetix from your BI tools - see Lanetix Datamart
- Connect to external pricing tools and load boards
- Monitor your corporate and customer’s social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Display news pages for relevant industry trends analysis
Creating a New Dashboard
First, navigate to Dashboards in the Browse Menu and click Create Dashboard
Next give your report a name and specify the URL. Here you'll also select whether the report should open in a new browser tab (checked) or in the Lanetix application frame (unchecked, default).
Note: Some websites, such as Twitter, do not allow embedding. This means that you must check the box to open the dashboard in a new tab.
Click the star icon at the top right of the panel to add a link to this dashboard to your Starred section in the left navigation menu.
Dashboards are shared with any group in your organization or with everyone. Only users who are on this shared list can access the dashboard in the Browse menu.
First open the Dashboard Edit menu.
Then select "Share" to edit the groups with which it's shared.
Select "Signing" in the Dashboard edit menu to open the configuration options. You may need to complete this section if you restrict access to your reports via the network.
- Algorithm - Lanetix currently only supports the sha256 signing algorithm.
- Secret key - Used to encrypt and decrypt messages. In the context of Dashboards, a secret key is shared between Lanetix and your BI tool to securely display a report powered by that BI tool.
- Signing key - Key that will be used in the query string to hold the signed URL value. This will default to “signature” if no value is provided
- If the URL contains any query string values (eg: ?foo=bar) then those items must be in alphabetical order.